Follow this procedure to resolve the error.
- Turn the computer off.
- Remove all third-party peripherals.
- Remove all removable media.
- Reset the computers BIOS to the default values.
- Restart the recovery procedure.
- Verify the hard drive is detected in BIOS. If the hard drive is not recognized in BIOS, the hard disk drive is the cause of the error.
- If using recovery media, only the recovery media should be in the computer optical drives.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.