IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
To transfer Connect Music content to your portable player, you must authorize (register) the device with your account:
- Login to your account for the Connect Music Store.
- Connect your portable player to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Click on the Transfer button, and select your device from the drop-down menu.
- A screen should pop-up asking you to authorize the device. If not, click the Device/Media Info Button on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Select Yes to authorize the device.
If the authorize button is grayed out, or if you get an error message when trying to authorize or transfer tracks, you may have music on the device or have authorized the device locally. You must clean/format the device to authorize it with the Connect Music store to transfer Connect music content. To erase the device, and authorize with Connect, do the following:
WARNING: The steps below will remove all music from the player.
- Disconnect the portable player from the computer.
- Press the Menu button on portable player.
- Navigate to the Settings menu, and then select Format with the Play/stop button.
- Select Initialize Hard Disk.
- Select Yes.
- Select Yes.
- If these steps do not work for your device, please refer to the user manual for further instructions.
- After the format is complete re-attach device to cradle, and repeat the first section to authorize.