Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: It is normal to hear a slight hum while recording and when inserting or ejecting a tape.
- Remove the tape from the camcorder.
- Inspect the tape for any possible damage.
- If the tape appears to be okay, reinsert it into the camcorder.
- Begin playing or recording onto the tape.
- If the issue still occurs, remove the tape from the camcorder.
- Insert a different tape.
- Begin playing or recording onto the newly inserted tape.
- If the issue is resolved when using a different tape, then the previous tape may be faulty.
- If the issue is not resolved, then service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.