Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Ensure the battery you are using is new or fully charged.
- If your camera requires more than one battery, do not mix new and used batteries. Doing so may shorten the life of the batteries.
- Batteries discharge faster when used in cold weather conditions. It is recommended that batteries be kept in a warm place before using.
- Turn on the camera.
NOTE: To conserve battery consumption, the power save feature on some cameras will cause the power to turn off after about 90 seconds when not in use.
- Try taking a few pictures.
- If the issue is not resolved, the battery may need replaced.
- If you are using alkaline batteries, consider using nickel-metal hydride or lithium batteries. Alkaline batteries tend to have a shorter life.
- Replacement batteries may be available for purchase through Sony® Parts and Accessories Sales. Go to Parts and Accessories. .
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.