Follow this procedure to troubleshoot this issue:
IMPORTANT: Depending on the model number of your DVD player, a firmware update may be available to resolve this issue. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: The HDMI® connection on DVD/VCR combo units is for the DVD player section only. Signals from the VCR are only transmitted via coaxial or composite audio/video (A/V) cables. If you have a DVD/VCR combo unit, connect it with an HDMI cable to watch DVDs and a coaxial or composite A/V cable to watch VHS tapes.
- Turn off both the TV and DVD player.
- Unplug the power cord of the TV and DVD player from the electrical outlet.
- Ensure the HDMI cable is connected securely to both the TV and DVD player.
- Plug the power cord of the TV and DVD player back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the TV and DVD player.
- Ensure the TV is set to the appropriate video input to receive the HDMI signal from the DVD player.
NOTE: To view the video input selected on the TV, press the DISPLAY button on the TV or its remote control. To change the video input, press the TV/VIDEO or INPUT button on the TV or its remote control.
- If the issue is unresolved, try replacing the HDMI cable with a different brand or quality cable.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.