The troubleshooting steps in this article are only applicable on the following series of Reader™ Digital Book.
- PRS-500 Series
- PRS-505 Series
- PRS-600 Series
- PRS-700 Series
- PRS-900 Series
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the audio status after completing each step.
- Verify that the headphones are firmly plugged into the headphone jack.
- Increase the volume on the Reader™ Digital Book.
- If the headphones have a volume control, ensure the volume is adjusted to an appropriate level.
- If an extension cable is being used to connect the headphones, disconnect the extension cable and then connect the headphones directly.
- Test the headphones on another device.
- Test a different set of headphones on the Reader Digital Book.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.