IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Some computer operating systems may require you to be logged on as an Administrator or with administrator rights.
- If the computer is connected to a network, it may be necessary to temporarily disable the network connection or connect the camcorder to a computer not on a network.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected properly to the camcorder.
- Make sure the other end of the USB cable is connected directly to the USB port on the computer.
NOTE: Connection through a USB hub is not supported.
- Disconnect any other USB devices (except for the mouse and keyboard) from the computer.
- Turn off the camcorder for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, turn the camcorder on again.
- If you have a camcorder with USB streaming capability, you may also need to turn on the USB streaming feature in the camcorder menu. However, not all camcorders with a USB connection support USB streaming.
- After being turned on, some camcorder models require you to select USB CONNECT or COMPUTER on the LCD screen.
- If necessary, refer to the camcorder instruction manual for further information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the issue is not resolved, restart the computer.
- If still not resolved after restarting the computer, try connecting the USB cable to another USB port on the computer.
- If still not resolved, try uninstalling and reinstalling the USB driver .
- If still not resolved, it may be necessary to replace the USB cable .
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, try connecting the camcorder to another computer. If the issue does not occur with another computer, then the USB ports on the first computer may not be configured properly or software may be installed that is interfering with the connection. In these situations, you may need to contact your computer manufacturer.