How to reinstall applications or drivers on a computer upgraded to the Windows Vista® operating system using the VAIO® Windows Vista Express Upgrade Program DVD.
When a computer is upgraded from the Windows® XP operating system using the VAIO Windows Vista Express Upgrade Program DVD, the existing VAIO Recovery Center remains. This means that the drivers and applications referenced by the VAIO Recovery Center are the old, Windows XP operating system files. These files should not be used with the Windows Vista operating system and are only retained in case the computer needs to be recovered back to the original Windows XP operating system.
Follow this procedure to reinstall the drivers or applications appropriate for the Windows Vista operating system.
- Click the Start button, and then click Computer.
- In the Computer window, double-click Local Disk (C:).
- In the Local Disk (C:) window, double-click VAIOApps.
- In the VAIOApps folder, double-click fileinfo.txt.
NOTE: The fileinfo.txt file lists the locations of all of the .EXE for the Windows Vista applications or drivers.
- In the VAIOApps folder, double-click the Generic folder.
- In the Generic folder, double-click the .EXE file for the application or driver file you wish to reinstall.