If a PDF document has been secured it will not be readable in the Reader™ digital book. The Reader can recognize and display unsecured PDF documents only.
Follow this procedure to determine if a PDF document is unsecured.
NOTE: This procedure must be performed on a computer.
- Browse to the hard drive location of the appropriate PDF document.
- Double-click the PDF document.
- In the Adobe Reader window, on the menu bar, click File .
- On the File menu, click Document Properties .
- In the Document Properties window, click the Security tab.
- On the Security tab, next to Security Method , the applied security level will be displayed.
NOTE: If the Security Method is listed as anything other than No Security , the PDF file will not be recognized or displayed in the Reader.