Follow these steps to remote register the Playstation® Portable (PSP®) system to the LocationFree® Base Station.
- Verify the PSP firmware is 2.81 or higher.
- On the PSP, verify that there is a working connection name for a known good Internet connection.
- On the computer, access the Base Station Settings and log into the Base station.
- On the left side of the window, select Device Registration .
- In the main window, at the bottom of the device registration page, click the Download button.
- Once the download is complete, connect the PSP to the computer using the USB connection.
- On the computer, click the Start button, then click My Computer .
- In the My Computer window, click the Removable Disk drive that represents the PSP.
- In the Removable Disk window, click the MSSONY folder.
NOTE: If the MSSONY folder does not exist, create the folder. The name of the new folder must be in all capital letters.
- In the MSSONY window, click the LF folder.
NOTE: If the LF folder does not exist, create the folder. The name of the new folder must be in all capital letters.
- In the LF folder, click the REGISTER folder.
NOTE: If the REGISTER folder does not exist, create the folder. The name of the new folder must be in all capital letters.
- Move the downloaded REGISTME.ERD to the REGISTER folder on the PSP.
- Once the file has been moved, disconnect the PSP from the computer, then restart the PSP.
- If performing this procedure at home, a working connection name to the Base Station must be established if the Base Station is in the AP mode or the router is in the Client mode.
- If performing this procedure from a remote location, a working WIFI connection must be setup on the PSP.
- On the PSP, in home menu, select LocationFree Player .
- In the Basic Settings screen, press the right arrow .
- Press X .
- Select the appropriate connection name for this location.
- Once the PSP has completed the Base Station registration, in the Set Complete screen, press X .
- In the Select Connection screen, select the appropriate connection to conenct to the video signal.
The remote control function for the LocationFree system can now be setup on the PSP.