The software installation may fail due to the following reasons:
- The software isn't compatible with the computer operating system.
- The computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for installing the software.
- Another application or utility is running in the background of the computer and interfering with the installation.
- Antivirus or spyware software is preventing the installation.
- Check the instruction manual to determine the minimum system requirements and operating system supported by the software. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure the computer's specifications meet the minimum system requirements, and operating system that the software supports.
- Download and install all available updates for the computer and software. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus or spyware software.
- Close any software applications or other unnecessary utilities that is running on the computer.
- Attempt to install the software and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: Use the compatability mode to install if the software uses an older version of the Microsoft® Windows® operating system than what is installed on the computer.
- Use the Safe Mode of the computer if the software won't install.
IMPORTANT: Disregard these steps if the bundled software requires the product be connected to the computer during the installation process.
- Copy the software to a folder on the computer hard drive.
- Turn off the computer.
- Start the computer in the Safe Mode .
Note: Some software needs a network connection and may fail during installation. In such a case, start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and try the installation.
- Locate the folder on the computer hard drive where you copied the contents of the installation CD.
- Click the INPUT.EXE or SETUP.EXE icon to begin the software installation.
- Restart the computer.
- If the software still won't install properly, the current user account won't allow the software installation. Create a new user account and re-install the software:
- Windows® 10 operating system:
- Create a new user account .
- Once the account is created, change the account permissions to Administrator.
- Select Start button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Select Family and other people.
- Select Change account type.
- Under Account type, select Administrator.
- Select OK.
- Re-install the software.
- Windows® 8.1 operating system:
- Windows® 8 operating system
- Windows® 7 or Windows Vista® operating systems:
- Apple® Mac® OS® X operating systems:
- Go to Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- From the View menu, select Users & Groups (Mac OS X 10.7 or later) or Accounts (Mac OS X 10.6 or earlier).
- Click the lock icon in the bottom left corner of the window, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click the Add (+) sign.
- Click the New Account pop-up menu, choose Administrator.
- Enter a new user and password.
- Click Create User.
- Re-install the software.
If you have the PlayMemories™ Home or Media Go® software installed on the computer, these articles may help you: