If the portable player is not working correctly, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the device status after completing each step.
- If this is the first time using your portable player, be sure to peel off the sticker that covers the LCD display.
- Make sure the portable player is turned on. If the player turns off due to lack of use, you will need to press the POWER button again to turn it on.
NOTE: Previous Walkman® models that did not have a POWER button would turn on by pressing any button. This model will not turn on by pressing any button. You will need to press the POWER button to turn it on.
- If the portable player turns off due to lack of use, and the HOLD switch was activated, the portable player will flash HOLD and then turn off almost immediately when you press the POWER button. Rotate the HOLD switch to the OFF position and then turn the portable player back on.
- If your unit uses batteries, make sure that the batteries are fresh and installed in the unit with the correct polarity. Try a different set of batteries, just in case there is a problem with the first set.
- If the portable player is still not responding, reset it by pressing the RESET button with a small pin or similar object.