Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the camcorder will not record.
NOTE: Refer to the operating instructions for information that is specific to the camcorder model being used. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Confirm the camcorder is turned on to the correct video recording mode.
- Verify that the safety record tab on the tape that is being used is not set to the SAVE position.
- Slow flashing of the tape symbol may mean the tape is near the end. Insert a new tape in the camcorder.
- Fast flashing may mean the tape has run out. Insert a new tape in the camcorder.
- If the problem still remains, reset the camcorder .
- If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.