There are many factors that can cause the video image being recorded by the camcorder to appear over or under exposed.
IMPORTANT: Not all camcorders have the features listed below. Refer to the camcorder manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Verify the current Program AE setting, and attempt to record using different settings.
- If the camcorder model has the manual exposure feature, check the setting.
- Confirm that the Slow-Shutter mode has not been selected.
- Confirm the NightShot® feature is not activated.
- Record video in a brighter environment.
- Reset the camcorder.
NOTE: If the issue still occurs, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.