Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Ensure the audio cable from the MiniDisc deck is properly connected to the stereo receiver.
IMPORTANT: Do not connect the MiniDisc deck to the PHONO input on a stereo receiver. This connection is reserved for turntable record players and can cause little or no sound to be heard from the stereo receiver speakers.
- Ensure the stereo receiver is tuned to the appropriate input to receive the signal from the MiniDisc deck.
- Try playing a different MiniDisc to make sure the problem is not with the current MiniDisc.
- If the issue is not resolved, try connecting the MiniDisc deck to a different input on the stereo receiver.
- Tune the stereo receiver to the new input.
- If the issue is still not resolved, replace the audio cable between the MiniDisc and stereo receiver.
If the issue is still not resolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, then service may be required. Go to Product Repair.