If the camera turns on but will not record or play, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Ensure a tape has been inserted into the camera.
- Verify that the camera is switched to the correct mode.
- Select the CAMERA mode for recording.
- Select the VTR or PLAY mode to playback a tape.
- Try to play or record.
- If the issue is not resolved, reset the camcorder to factory specifications.
If the issue is still unresolved after performing the reset, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.