If the buttons on the Integrated Chip (IC) recorder stop working or if you have to press the buttons numerous times to get a response, there may be a problem with the battery or there may be an incorrect setting. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue.
IMPORTANT: The IC recorder may respond slowly if numerous messages are recorded. As the number of recorded messages increase, the access time becomes longer. If this is the case, then deleting any unnecessary messages is recommended.
- Ensure that a new or fully charged battery has been inserted into the IC recorder and verify the polarity matches.
- Make sure the HOLD function is not activated.
- Attempt to operate the IC recorder.
- If the issue is not resolved, remove the battery for 30 seconds.
- Reinsert the battery, checking to make sure the polarity is accurate.
- Attempt to operate the IC recorder once more.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.