Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the zoom function does not operate.
IMPORTANT: On some entry-level camera models, the zoom changes are not reflected when looking through the viewfinder. Use the LCD when using the zoom operation.
- The zoom function will not operate with some AE modes.
- The zoom function is not available while shooting a movie on all cameras. Refer to the owner's manual for information regarding the functions available on the camera. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Change the Auto Exposure (AE) mode on the camera.
- Ensure the camera is not set for movie mode.
- If the camera has a conversion lens setting in the menu, set it of OFF.
- Reset the camera back to factory settings.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.