Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the TV when the sound raises or lowers or mutes on its own.
- Turn off the TV.
- Verify that the volume control and MUTE buttons on the TV and remote control are not stuck.
- Remove the batteries from the TV remote control.
- Turn on the TV using the power button on the front of the TV.
NOTE: Other TVs have a power button on the rear left side of the screen. For model-specific information about the location of the power button on the TV, refer to the operating instructions that came with the unit. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Remove any other infrared emitting devices from the room.
- Reset the TV to factory specifications.
If the above steps do not resolve this issue, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.