Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the TV when the sound raises or lowers or mutes on its own.
- Turn off the TV.
- Verify that the volume control and MUTE buttons on the TV and remote control are not stuck.
- Remove the batteries from the TV remote control.
- Turn on the TV using the power button on the front of the TV.
NOTE: Other TVs have a power button on the rear left side of the screen. For model-specific information about the location of the power button on the TV, refer to the operating instructions that came with the unit. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Remove any other infrared emitting devices from the room.
- Reset the TV to factory specifications.
If the above steps do not resolve this issue, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.