The Tablet internal storage is partitioned into 2 different areas: INTERNAL STORAGE and SD CARD.
The INTERNAL STORAGE is where the operating system, recovery data, backup data, cache data, and all factory installed applications and multimedia files (pictures, music and video) are stored. All user multimedia files, user customized settings, user downloads, user added applications and application data installed on the tablet is also stored in the INTERNAL STORAGE.
NOTE: Adding together the Total Space listed and the 6.0GB (aprox.) of storage reserved for the operating system and system files, the combined total will equal either 16GB or 32GB, depending on the tablet model you own.
The SD CARD shows the storage space usage on the installed SD Card.
Follow this procedure to view the storage space available on the tablet.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Storage.
- In the Storage screen, first you will see a graphical breakdown of the INTERNAL STORAGE.
- Below INTERNAL STORAGE you will see the SD CARD graphical breakdown.
NOTE: If you have an SD Card inserted in the tablet, the SD CARD section will display a graphical breakdown of the card contents. If you do not have an SD Card inserted in the tablet, the SD CARD section will display Insert an SD card for mounting.