SLT cameras have four Auto Focus (AF) Area modes.
- Wide: Uses all sensors in the viewing field.
- Spot: Uses the central sensor of the viewing field.
- Local: Uses any sensor you select in the viewing field.
- Zone: Uses the center, left, or right sensors in the viewing field.
Also available are four focus modes.
- AF-S: Single-shot AF locks the focus on a still subject when the shutter button is pressed halfway down.
- AF-A: Automatic AF detects if the subject is still or moving and focuses accordingly.
- AF-C: Continuous AF continues focusing while the shutter button is pressed halfway down for maintaining focus on moving subjects.
- MF: Manual focus gives you manual control over focusing.
In addition to the above options, SLT cameras also have the following advantages:
- A Focus Magnifier is built in that can enlarge your image so you can fine tune the focus and capture the shot you want.
- A Tracking Focus option is available that uses algorithms to predict and track movement to keep the subject in focus.
- Face Detection helps capture clear images of subject faces.