- Connect your Reader® Digital book to the computer.
- On your Reader, tap Data Transfer Mode.
- You can close any windows that open or the Reader software if it opens.
- Once the Reader has been recognized by the computer, locate and then double-click the Computer folder on your desktop.
NOTE: For older versions of Windows, go to My Computer.
- In the Computer window, double-click the Reader icon.
- In the Reader folder, double-click the Sony_Reader folder.
- In the Sony_Reader folder, double-click the Media folder.
- In the Media folder, right-click on the Books folder.
- Select Copy from the menu.
- Right-click a blank area of your computer desktop and then click Paste from the menu.
- The Books folder and all of the books contained in it will be copied over to your desktop.
- For steps on how to import the books to your Reader for PC library on the computer click here .
IMPORTANT: The books will not be readable on the computer or Reader device until properly authorized.
- Authorize your computer or device with the appropriate software.
NOTE: Some books that have been bought or borrowed from third party web sites might need to be re-downloaded and imported to the library in order to work on the Reader device.