The following are some of the reasons why you are unable to connect an Xperia® mobile device to the Sony® TV using the one-touch mirroring feature:
- Make sure that the TV and the Xperia mobile device being used are supported .
- Make sure that the screen of the Xperia mobile device is not locked. Refer to the manual supplied with the mobile device for information regarding the screen lock feature.
- Make sure that you have updated the TV using the latest software update. This can be done from the Settings menu of the TV using the Network Update or Software Update function.
- Some Xperia mobile devices will not allow you to use the one-touch mirroring feature while the battery is being charged. Finish charging the battery and then re-attempt using the one-touch mirroring feature.
- Make sure that the batteries on the One-touch Remote Control or the Touchpad Remote Control of the TV are not weak or dead. Resetting the One-touch Remote Control or the Touchpad Remote Control may resolve the issue. Remove the batteries from the One-touch Remote Control or Touchpad Remote Control for 5 seconds then put the batteries back to the One-touch Remote Control or Touchpad Remote Control. If the issue is not resolved, replace the batteries with a new one.
- Make sure that you are following the proper procedure to use the one-touch mirroring feature .
- If your Xperia Z series device was connected to another device with screen mirroring and Quick Settings is On, your Xperia mobile device memorized the previously connected device and a new TV connection might fail. Disable Quick Settings and try to connect your TV again.
NOTE: If after following this solution, you determine that your mobile device is not compatible with the one-touch mirroring feature, you may want to consider using an MHL cable to connect the phone to the TV.