Follow these steps to troubleshoot why you cannot view the images.
- Not all cameras are compatible with the PlayMemories Home™ software. To see if your camera is compatible with the PlayMemories Home software, check the manuals. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check if you can import pictures from the memory card after completing each step.
- Make sure that the External Hard Disk Drive is connected properly to the computer using a USB cable.
- Run the PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool .
If a hard disk drive is recognized in Camera and media, the images cannot be viewed.
If folders with the following names exist on the hard disk drive, they will be recognized as Camera and media.
NOTE: Folders with the names shown above exist on the external hard disk drive used for Direct Copy. It is recommended that you prepare an external hard disk drive to use as the PlayMemories Home data import destination that is separate from the one used for Direct Copy to prevent data or the management information in the camera from being deleted or overwritten unintentionally.
If you are connecting an external hard disk drive that is not used for Direct Copy, follow the procedure below.
- Update PlayMemories Home to the latest version available.
- From the File menu, open Add Folders to register a folder for the external hard disk drive.
- Restart PlayMemories Home and check that the folder is displayed.