The build up of foreign substances such as earwax in the headphone sections may cause deteriorated sound quality or sound loss. Remove any dirt from the mesh sheet with a toothbrush, etc.
- Remove the earbuds from the headphones.
- Remove any foreign substances from the mesh sheet (1) by brushing them out laterally with a soft toothbrush, etc., while rinsing the headphone sections of your Walkman® player with gentle running tap water.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. Be careful not to brush the mesh sheet hard, as it may tear.
- After removing any foreign substances, wipe the moisture off the surface of your Walkman using a soft dry cloth. Pat the headphones softly against a dry cloth.
- Pat repeatedly about 20 times. Then place a dry cloth under the headphones and leave at room temperature for 2 or 3 hours.
- Install the earbuds onto the headphones so that the tip of the inner part (A) of the earbuds fits into the position on the projection (B) of the headphones.
- Make sure that the earbuds fit on straight, not at an angle, to prevent the earbuds from detaching and remaining in your ears.
You have now completed the cleaning procedure. Make sure you can hear the sound normally.