Before You Start
- Movies that regularly take you back to the TV's home screen indicate an issue with your Netflix® app.
- If this issue occurs only in some of the movies, contact Netflix for support.
If this issue happens with most or all movies, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Connect your device to an active internet connection.
- Install the latest firmware.
Note: Updates are available from the Settings menu of your device, or download it on your computer. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Power off the modem and router for one minute, then power them back on.
- Perform Refresh Internet Content.
Note: Skip this step if you have an Android TV™.
- Check if the movies play. If some movies play and others don't this is caused by a slow internet connection speed.
Note: To watch movies, use a recommended connection speed of at least:
- 2.5 Mbps for standard definition (SD) content
- 10 Mbps for high definition (HD) content
- 25 Mbps for Ultra HD (4K) content
- Refer to Netflix streaming requirements for further details.
- If other videos work, there may be a problem with the link between your device and Netflix.
Follow these steps to re-link your device:
- Unlink your Netflix account from your device. Select the link below that best meets your situation:
- Link the device to your active Netflix account.
- Access Netflix channel on your device.
- Perform a factory reset. Select the appropriate link below: