NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the connection status after completing each step.
- Make sure the wireless router is turned on.
- Move the Personal Content station away from any devices that use a 2.4 GHz frequency or turn off such devices. These devices can interrupt the communication.
NOTE: Devices that use 2.4 GHz frequencies are microwaves, cordless phones, and Bluetooth® devices.
- Check the SSID of the router to make sure the SSID is not being hidden. If your router is set to hide its SSID, it does not appear in the SSID list.
- Make sure you are using the correct password to connect with the router.
- If the Personal Content Station was previously connected to a wireless router using the WPS button, press the RESET switch and then try to establish the connection.
- Reset the router, modem or access point by disconnecting and reconnecting the power cord.
- Check the settings of the router to see if more devices can be registered to it.
NOTE: There is a maximum number of devices that can be registered to a wireless router. The router may have reached its limit for connectivity
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.