Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: The camera must have a NightShot® function for the IR mode to have any effect in the recording. Check the instruction manual of your camera to see if it has this function. Manuals are posted on your model support page. .
- Turn on the NightShot function of the camera.
- Make sure you are using new or fully-charged batteries in the HVL-LEIR1.
- Make sure the switch on the HVL-LEIR1 is set to IR ON and you can see the red light of the IR emitters.
- Although IR light is invisible, the IR emitters will appear red.
- The actual IR emitters will not appear as bright as displayed in the image above.
- Pictures recorded with the IR light are nearly monochrome.