IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Light Shaft is a PlayMemories™ Camera App that allows you to apply distinctive and stunning light effect on the subject. To use the Light Shaft app, follow the steps below.
NOTE: Before proceeding with the steps, download the Light Shaft app from the PlayMemories Camera App Web site.
- Turn on the camera.
- Select Menu.
- Select Application.
- Select Light Shaft and the desired light shapes.
- Ray - Allows you to enhance the sunbeams striking the earth from the sky between clouds, or light filtering into a room through a window, with stunning effect.
- Star - Allows you to enhance star-shaped light radiating from a light source, such as the sun or a star.
- Flare - Allows you to enhance a light, such as that of a setting sun or a candle flame, so that it radiates softly in a circular shape.
- Beam - Allows you to enhance light that radiates in a straight line from a light source, such as a searchlight beamed at the sky.
- Press the Center button to complete.
- You can adjust the light source position and light direction using the arrow keys under OPTION.
- You can set the Light Shaft effect while shooting. You cannot add the Light Shaft effect to already shot images.
- This is only available in P, A, S and M shooting modes.
- RAW format is not supported by the Light Shaft app.
- Two images will be saved. The original image and the image with Light Shaft effect.