Wi-Fi™ Direct is a feature that allows audio and video content to be played back wirelessly from a personal media player or mobile phone directly to a compatible BRAVIA® TV without the need for a home network connection.
Using a computer, wireless access point, or cable is not necessary. It is a great way to share movies, pictures, and music when friends and family come over using the big, beautiful BRAVIA television screen, instead of having everyone pass around or crowd around a smaller portable device.
Setting up the Wi-Fi Direct feature on the TV will may vary slightly depending on the model TV you are using. Click the appropriate link below for the model-specific steps to set up Wi-Fi Direct.
- 2014 BRAVIA TVs (Model series: KDL-xxRxxxB, KDL-xxWxxxB and XBR-xxXxxxB)
- 2013 BRAVIA TVs (Model series: KDL-xxWxxxA, XBR-xxXxxxA
- Other BRAVIA TVs
After setting up the Wi-Fi Direct feature on the TV, the following links provide additional information regarding how to use the Wi-Fi Direct feature with specific devices or apps.
- Wi-Fi Direct with a Window® 8 computer
- Wi-Fi Direct with a Windows® 7 computer
- Wi-Fi Direct with an Apple® iPhone® mobile device
- Wi-Fi Direct using an Android™ device.
Additional information about Wi-Fi Direct are available below.