Lesser time is consumed in acquiring GPS location if the GPS assist data is updated. Follow the steps below to update the GPS assist data using the PlayMemories Home™ software.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- A computer with an Internet connection is needed.
- Latest version of the PlayMemories Home software should be installed.
- Use the GPS Support Tool to update the GPS assist data.
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the supplied Live-View Remote with GPS function.
- Connect the supplied Live-View Remote to the computer via USB.
NOTE: If the computer recognizes the camera or Live-View Remote, the latest GPS assist data can be updated automatically.