It is possible to use a studio flash with the camera and there are two ways to connect and trigger it.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Using a flash equipped with a flash sync terminal cord.
- Open the cover of the flash sync terminal.
- Plug the cord in.
NOTE: The position of the flash sync terminal on the camera may differ depending on the model. Refer to the instructions manual supplied with the camera. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Using a commercially available wireless studio flash trigger which mounts on the Multi Interface Shoe of the camera. Please check the compatibility with the manufacturer of the wireless flash trigger.
IMPORTANT: It is not guaranteed that accessories from other manufacturers will work with the camera.
- Select the manual exposure mode and set the shutter speed to 1/200s or slower.
- Use a flash with a flash sync voltage of 400V or less when connecting with a flash sync cord.
- If you cannot confirm your composition in dark situations, change the Live View Display setting to Setting Effect OFF so that the image is always displayed with the appropriate brightness.