Before You Start
- Smart Remote Control is only supported for installation on select Sony® camera models. Visit the PlayMemories Camera Apps website for information about supported cameras.
- The mobile devices such as smartphone or tablet must have the PlayMemories Mobile™ app installed to use Smart Remote Control. You can download the PlayMemories Mobile app for free from the Google Play™ store, the Apple® App Store, or the Windows® Store.
- PlayMemories Mobile for Windows PC is only available on VAIO computers sold by Sony.
- Supported Windows versions are Windows® 8 or Windows® 8.1 and Windows® 10 (64 bit).
- Make sure the latest version of Smart Remote control is installed on the camera.
- Make sure the latest version of PlayMemories Mobile is installed on the mobile devices.
The Focus Mode Setting is Not Available
The Smart Remote Control app supports lenses with an AF/MF switch. However, the focus mode setting in the PlayMemories Mobile app will not be available in the following situations if an AF/MF switch is attached:
- When the focusing switch on the lens is changed to AF.
- When the focus mode in the PlayMemories Mobile app is changed to MF then Smart Remote Control app is exited on the camera.
- When the focusing switch on the lens is changed to MF, the Smart Remote Control app is relaunched and the PlayMemories Mobile app is reconnected.
The focus mode setting in the PlayMemories Mobile app will only be available by reconnecting the PlayMemories Mobile and changing the exposure dial or changing the focus mode in the menu settings of the camera.