The latest version of SongPal (SongPal 2.0 or later) is compatible with Android OS 4.0.3 or later. If your Android OS version is older than 4.0.3, install SongPal 1.2 by performing the procedures below:
IMPORTANT: The steps below will be performed on the Android device. If any of the steps do match or describe what you see on the screen, refer to the manual of the Android device for further file download instructions.
- Using the web browser on the Android device, access the following URL: http://hav.update.sony.net/SongPal/SongPal_v120.apk
- Tap the download button.
NOTE: The download of the SongPal file will start and the download icon will display in the status bar.
- Once the download is complete, slide the status bar down and display the notification area to display the downloaded SongPal file.
NOTE: If you cannot find the location of the downloaded SongPal file, search the file with a file manager application on the phone.
- Tap the SongPal file.
NOTE: If an installation of apps from unknown sources is not allowed warning screen is displayed, follow the additional sub steps. If the warning screen is not displayed, the installation starts.
- Tap Settings in the warning screen.
- The Security screen is displayed.
- Check the Unknown sources checkbox to allow installation of non-market apps.
- The installation will start. Wait until the installation is completed to open and use the app.