If the words UPDATE and ERROR are alternately displayed on the front Display panel of the AV receiver after performing a firmware update, follow the steps below.
- Power off the AV receiver.
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least three minutes or longer before reconnecting the power cord.
- Power on the AV receiver.
- Perform the firmware update via USB device again.
If the words UPDATE and ERROR still appear on the front Display panel of the AV receiver after performing the steps above, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.