IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The error message Connection status cannot be confirmed may appear when you are trying to update the firmware of the AV receiver using the Update via Internet method and when there is a problem with the network connection. When the error message appears, check the following and try updating the firmware again using the Update via Internet method:
- When using a wired network connection, check the LAN cable to make sure it is securely connected to the LAN port on the AV receiver and to the router.
- In the Network Settings, check that the AV receiver has its own IP address.
NOTE: If you use a proxy server, enter the IP address of the proxy server instead of the proxy host name in the proxy server input field. For details, consult your Internet service provider.
If the update still fails, try updating the firmware using the Update via USB Memory method.
- Download and transfer the update file to a USB device. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Insert the USB device into USB port of the AV receiver.
- On the supplied remote control of the AV receiver, press the HOME button.
- Select Setup.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Update via USB Memory.
- When the update is completed, COMPLETE appears on the display panel and the AV receiver restarts automatically.
- It may take about one hour for the update to be completed.
- Do not turn the receiver off while the software is being updated. It may cause a malfunction.
- You cannot restore the old version after updating the firmware.