The model and serial numbers can be found on the device itself or on the bar code from the original box.
- Using the bar code label on the original box
The seven digits between S01- and the last digit is the serial number (S01-XXXXXXX-X).
NOTE: If there is a string of zeros, such as 00000000, the device does not have a serial number.
- When looking at the device
- For Digital Voice Recorders, the model and serial numbers are located on the rear or battery region.
- For Digital Music Players, the model and serial numbers are located on the front, bottom or side.
NOTE: For the NWZ-W series, check the earpiece for the model (1) and serial (2) numbers as shown in the image below.
- For Headphones, the model and serial numbers are located on the side of the unit, on the packaging and on the manual.
- Some Headphones do not have a serial number.
- For the MDR-X Headphones, the model and serial numbers are on both sides of the headband.