IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If it takes time to operate some songs from a USB device connected to the USB1 or USB2 port of the car stereo or you are unable to operate some songs at all, check the following:
- During USB playback, the car stereo can perform play, pause, previous, next and volume control. Fast-forward or fast-reverse operation is not supported.
- The car stereo does not support shuffle or continuous playback using both the USB1 and USB2 ports.
- The car stereo may take some time to recognize the USB device if its file organization has been updated.
- As a guide, recognizing a total of 2,000 audio files in 200 folders on the USB device takes about 150 seconds.
- The symbol * appears on the display while the car stereo is reading the file structure of the connected USB device. While the symbol * is displayed, a track or album (folder) cannot be skipped. Wait until the symbol * disappears.
- The car stereo only starts reading the file structure of the connected USB device when playback is performed.
When a second USB device is connected and is being read while the car stereo plays music via the USB1 or USB2 port and if all of the songs within the current folder are played back, songs from the next folder will not start playing until after the reading is complete.