The Hulu® app is available on certain devices like TVs, Blu-ray Disc™ players, media players, and home theater systems, which will give you access to the online content library of the Hulu service.
- Not all devices are compatible with Hulu.
Make sure that your device has the latest software update installed. Updates are available from the device menu or from this site using a computer. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Here are the most common questions about Hulu:
- Getting Started with a Hulu Subscription
- Which Products Support the Hulu Internet Video Service?
- Link Your Device to Your Hulu Account
- Recommended Internet Speed for Streaming Hulu Videos
- Support for the Standard or Free Hulu Service
- How Many Devices Can Be Attached to a Hulu Account?
- Unlink a Video Device From a Hulu Account
Here are the most common errors that appear:
- Error: This app is not Available on This Device or This app is not Applicable on This Product
- Error: Internet Browser Will be Closed Due to Internal Error
- An Error Message Appears if I Stream the Same Video on Another Device
- Playback Failure Error
- Error Code 300 Appears When Trying to Access the Hulu App
Below are the most common problems you might encounter using the Hulu app, and how to resolve it.
- Unable to access the Hulu app.
- Videos Don't Play or is Blocked on the Google TV™ Device
- Internet Streaming Videos Only Playback in Standard Definition (SD)
- Android TV's Backlight Turns Off and On
- Android TV Returns to the Home Screen When Hulu App is Accessed
- Internet Video Stations Disappear from the List of Available Stations
- Enable Closed Caption on the Hulu app
- Unable to Set the Parental Control Setting for Hulu Content
For more information and to check for promotions and new offers for the Hulu app, visit the Hulu Support Page.