IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This article is designed to assist if you are connecting the Sony® TV to a Samsung Galaxy® S6 or Samsung Galaxy S7 mobile device via Screen Mirroring.
To enable the Screen Mirroring feature on the TV and the mobile device, follow these steps below.
NOTE: Before you enable the Screen Mirroring feature of the mobile device, make sure the TV is not connected to the mobile device using the Wi-Fi Direct® feature and disable the Wi-Fi® function of the mobile device.
- Using the supplied remote control, press the Input button.
- Select Screen Mirroring.
- On the mobile device, slide down the Notification panel.
- On the Notification panel, select Screen Mirroring.
NOTE: If Screen Mirroring is not shown on the active Quick start buttons screen, it can be manually added to always show the Screen Mirroring icon on the Notification panel.
- On the Notification panel, tap Edit located before the gear icon.
- Tap and hold down the Screen Mirroring button until it hovers to the top where the active Quick start buttons are located.
- On the top right hand corner of the Notification panel, select Done.
- On the mobile device, select the TV model number shown on the devices scanned by the mobile device.
If the Screen Mirroring connection is not established.
- Perform a power reset on the TV.
- Turn off and on the mobile device.
- Activate and deactivate the Airplane mode of the mobile device.
- Turn off and on the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct functions of the TV, then, repeat the steps above.