IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Check the following to resolve this issue:
- Make sure that the Sony USB Device Driver or Sony Portable Headphone Amplifier USB Audio Driver is installed on your computer with a Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Note: If you're using a computer with an Apple® Mac OS X® operating system, there's no need to install a driver.
- Check the sound settings on your computer.
- Make sure to use the micro-USB cable supplied with your headphone amplifier.
- If you use another cable, the computer may not recognize your device.
- Make sure that the input select switch is set to the following position:
- Restart your computer.
- Try to connect your device to another USB port on your computer.
- If you're using music playback software, check its settings or volume adjustment.
- Install the Hi-Res Audio Player software on your computer in order to playback High-Resolution audio format. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Check whether the CD-ROM drive is compatible with the digital playback function.
- Contact the manufacturer of your computer for more details.