IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
We are aware that a recent update from Google to Google Play™ Services has caused a problem during the setup of the TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa™ app. If you run the setup for the first time, or unlink your Google account, the app won't advance from the Login with Google screen after you select your Google account. We are currently investigating the changes in the update with Google.
If you encounter this issue, you can uninstall the Google Play Services update.
- On your remote control, press the HOME button.
- Scroll down and select Settings, and then Apps.
- Select Google Play Services.
- Select Uninstall updates, and then confirm the selection.
- Select OK to replace the app with the factory data.
- Push the HOME button to exit, and then enter your Google account login password.
- Retry TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app.