IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The TV displays a message when it isn't connected to the internet or the internet connection is unstable. Depending on the internet connection status, the details of the message changes as follows:
- Unable to access Internet
- The TV isn't connected to the internet
- Wi-Fi is not connected
- Can't connect the TV to the wireless network
- Ethernet is not connected
- Can't connect the TV to a network via LAN cable (wired)
- If the message appears right after you turn on your TV, it means that your TV isn't connected to the internet.
- Connect your TV to an active network if you want to hide the message.
- The message displayed won't affect your TV usage.
- If your TV is connected to the internet and the message appears while watching TV, movies from external devices, or streaming services, it means that your TV is briefly disconnected from the internet due to the connection environment.
- The message displayed won't affect your TV usage because it will automatically reconnect to the internet either through Wi-Fi® or wired LAN.