Netflix movies and TV shows only play for a few seconds
Originally Posted: 06/06/2019
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Netflix® movies or TV shows start playing for a second or two and then suddenly drop back to the home screen or the last TV channel watched.
Trying to reconnect a few times may work, but we recommend the following workaround.
The workaround consists of clearing the cookie data on your TV and then registering the desired Netflix content to your My List.
- Clear the Cookie data
Cookies are files created by sites you visit. There's a possibility to improve Network service conditions by clearing the Cookie data.
- On the supplied remote control, press the Home button.
- Select All apps → Internet browser → Open.
- Wait for the default home page to load, then when the message “This kind of document cannot be displayed” appears, press the Enter (Return) button.
- Use the Up/Dn/Left/Right navigation buttons on your TV remote to locate your browser Options (toolbox icon in the upper left corner of the browser screen).
- Select Options → Browser Settings → Delete all cookies.
- When the message “Are you sure you want to delete all stored cookies? Yes/No” appears, select Yes.
- Register Netflix content to your My List
- Using another device (tablet, computer, or smartphone), register the content you want to watch to your Netflix My List.
- Try playing the content on your TV