When removing and attaching the lens or using the zoom with the camcorder, dust or debris may get inside the camcorder and adhere to the surface of the image sensor. If this happens, it may appear on the final image as a dark spot.
The NEX-VG10 is equipped with the anti-dust vibration fuction to prevent dust from adhering to the image sensor. If dust or debris remains, however, clean the image sensor with the procedure below.
|Before Cleaning||After Cleaning|
|Camera cleaning brush||Air blower|
- Cleaning can be performed only when the remaining battery icon shows three marks or more. Use the supplied AC Adaptor AC-PW10AM or a fully charged battery.
- Do not use a spray blower because it may scatter water droplets inside the camera body.
- Do not put the tip of a blower into the cavity beyond the mount, otherwise the tip of the blower may touch the image sensor.
- Hold the camcorder face downward to prevent the dust from resettling in the camera.
- Do not apply a mechanical shock to the camcorder during cleaning.
- Take extreme care not to scratch the image sensor. If it is scratched or damaged, it will not be covered under warranty.
Confirm that the dust has been removed by cleaning.
Set the camcorder to the aperture priority mode, set the F-value to F11 and shoot a white surface or clear blue sky.
Check the recorded image to confirm no dust remains in the area where it used to be.
If it still remains, contact your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility.