Benefits Provided by Previous Updates
The section below list the benefits provided by previous versions and included in this update.
Benefits provided by version 3.30:
- Adds support for Radio Controlled Lighting System
- Improves stability for temperature control (temperature rise warning) while taking still images
- Improves overall stability and operability of the camera
Benefits provided by version 3.20:
- Allows recording of XAVCS format video with an SDHC card in addition to SDXC card.
- When an SDHC card is used in XAVC S format over long periods, the recorded movies will be divided into 4GB files. Those files can then be integrated into a single file using the PlayMemories Home software.
- Shooting movies in XAVC S format requires SD Speed Class 10, UHS Speed Class U1, or faster.
- When recording at 100Mbps or more, UHS Speed Class U3 is required.
Benefit provided by version 3.10:
- Adds support for additional lenses
- Adds support for Phase-detection AF
- The AF can be used in movie recording mode with the SEL85F14GM lens
Benefits provided by version 3.00:
- Improves 4K movie recording time when using the vertical grip (VG-C2EM) or when APS-C/Super35mm mode is activated
- Improves picture quality
Benefits provided by version 2.00:
- Adds the selectable feature for uncompressed 14-Bit RAW image capture
- Adds support to output video via HDMI during use of the Remote Camera Control software (still mode only)
Benefits provided by version 1.10:
- Reduces the chance of the camera changing to front focus when shooting certain scenes
Note: This symptom rarely occurs.
- Decreases chroma noise when Long Exposure NR is set to Off
Note:The noise does not occur when Long Exposure NR is set to On
- Improves continuous shooting at Hi speed so that it can be used just as long when using the flash as without the flash