Benefits Provided by Previous Updates
The following section provides a list of benefits provided by previous versions and included in this update.
- Adds support for the Radio-controlled Lighting System
- Allows the camera to record XAVCS format video with an SDHC card in addition to SDXC card.
- When an SDHC memory card is used to record movies in XAVC S format over extended periods of time, the recorded movies will be divided into files of 4 GB, and the divided files can then be integrated into a single file using the PlayMemories Home software
- Shooting movies in XAVC S format requires SD Speed Class 10, UHS Speed Class U1, or faster
- When recording at 100 Mbps or more, UHS Speed Class U3 is required
- Improves 4K movie recording time when using the vertical grip (VG-C2EM) or when the APS-C/Super35mm mode is activated
- Improves picture quality
- Addresses a condition where a black spot may occur in a high intensity lighting part of a shooting scene.
Note:This condition is especially seen in PAL 25p. It rarely happens in NTSC 30p or 60p.