Update Your TV
Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version ac0177pn) provides the following benefits:
- New Widget Services allowing Video Playback
- New BRAVIA® Internet Services. (Picasa and Pandora)
- Adds support for the Netflix® online movie rental service to the BRAVIA Internet Video® function.
- Improves the use of the Network functions (Internet Video and Widgets).
- Provides additional functionality for Yahoo® widgets.
- Improves audio & video synchronization when using your computer with Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system and Windows Media Player 12 as a DLNA® server to play videos on the TV.
This update program is only intended for TV models listed in the Affected Models area.
Decide How You Want to Get the Update
There are three ways to obtain the software update:
- Download the Update:
If you decide to download the update, you must have a USB storage device, such as a Sony® Micro Vault® device, or something similar, in order to transfer the update from your computer to your TV. Sony is aware that not all USB storage devices are compatible with our TVs. View the list of compatible USB storage devices.
Network Download - If your TV is connected to the Internet, you can check for software updates with the following procedure:
- On the TV remote control, press the "HOME" button to open the TV Home Menu.
- On the remote control, use the arrows to select the Settings icon .
- Use the arrows to highlight the Product Support icon , and then press the ENT button on the remote control.
- Press the ENT button on the remote control to select Software Update.
Request the Update be Mailed to You - If you are unable to download the software update, Sony will send you a free Self-Service Software Update.
Please select your model number and then click the "Order Update" button.