There are a few connections you can use to hear your TV sound through the speakers of your A/V receiver or home theater system. We provide the two most common connections below. Select the connection that works best for you.
Option 1: HDMI® Connection Using the ARC Feature
Both devices must support the ARC feature. HDMI ports may be marked with ARC to show which one to use. If not, check your device manual to see if this feature is supported. If either device doesn't support ARC, you'll need to use Option 2 to connect them.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI ports labeled ARC, or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on your TV, and the A/V receiver or home theater system.
Option 2: Connection Using Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio Cable
- Connect a Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio cable to the Audio Output jack on your TV.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the corresponding jacks on the A/V receiver or home theater system.
- Depending on your device, the audio input may be labeled TV INPUT or VIDEO INPUT.
- Power on your TV.
- Set the TV Audio out setting to either Fixed or Variable .
- Power on your A/V receiver or home theater system.
- Set the A/V receiver or home theater system to the proper input.