Your TV is connected to your wireless network and when performing the network diagnosis, your local and internet access failed. This issue may be caused by several conditions, use the following information to help resolve this issue.
The network status results appears as:
- Wireless Device: Found
- Local Access: Failed
- Internet Access: Failed
Signal strength and interference
When using Wi-Fi®, the distance of the router to your device is another factor to consider. To maximize your viewing experience when streaming video or listening from an audio app, make sure that the router is placed near your device. They shouldn't be more than 25 feet away from each other. If possible, install both devices in a location without walls in between them. Other wireless devices such Bluetooth® speakers, wireless phones, microwave ovens, and devices sending radio frequency may also cause poor signal strength.
For additional information and suggestions, review the tips to maximize network and internet performance in your home.
Power reset your modem/router
Internet connection issues are often resolved after performing a power reset. If you have a separate modem and router, power reset both devices.
- Unplug the power cable to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to your modem/router and make sure it's turned on.
- Wait until the device is finished making it's connection to the internet and your network.
- Perform the network diagnosis.
- Check if the internet connection is active using another device (computer, tablet, smartphone, game console).
If your other devices also fail to connect to your wireless internet, contact your internet service provider for additional support.
- Make sure the SSID of your wireless router indicates your wireless network. Devices will often find other available networks in the area.
- For secured networks, make sure that you enter the security key correctly.
Note: An alternative way to connect to the network is through the WPS Push button method.
- The network security key is case sensitive.
- Perform a power reset of your TV.
- Perform the network diagnosis again.
Information for other wireless network diagnosis results: